We are looking for a hardworking, team player to join our Housekeeping team at Rowan Lodge – a care home with a CQC rating of “good” in all five areas.
Candidates will need access to their own transport to apply for this role, due to its location. Starting salary £8.50 per hour. There are a variety of shifts patterns available. Alternate weekend working is required.
As well as a competitive hourly rate, we offer the following benefits;
- Paid breaks
- Free Uniform
- 28 days Holiday (for full time workers)
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Comprehensive induction training
- Ongoing training and development
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
- NVQ Training
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Perks at Work scheme giving access to 1000’s of discounts and offers
Forest Care is a family owned and managed company, currently with four care homes in Hampshire and Surrey. Our focus is to ensure we provide the highest standards of care to our residents, and their ongoing welfare, comfort and needs are central to how we run our homes. We want our homes to be a home in the truest sense, and we are committed to making our residents feel at home from the outset.
Main Duties of our Housekeepers;
- To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the home.
- To keep a high standard of appearance to contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each care user. This is particularly applicable to each care user’s privacy and dignity and in respect of each care user’s personal possessions.
- To clean all allocated rooms including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment.
- To be aware of the health and safety statement and of the COSHH statement.
- To clean sanitary and other equipment, with particular attention to guidelines for the control of germs and infestation.
- To report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
- To deal with the waste bags and their prescribed disposal.
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required.
Skills and Experience of our Housekeepers;
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- High level of written and spoken English
Please note this position is subject to a DBS check.